Friday, May 9, 2008

Not quite my birthday just my party

A year ago just after Dylan's 4th party he informed me he wanted a chameleon party for his 5th birthday. I spent almost a whole year trying to convince him to have some kind of another party. Then it hit me- have cousin Jon come talk to the kids about all his reptiles! It was wonderful! I really think the kids enjoyed his presentation. I was pretty organized for this party down to the minute! I have always had a party for him but not a ton of kids and just did the basic party thing. Here is my schedule:
10:00 kids arrive I had my front room table set up with foam sun visors and things to decorate them as they finished I sent the kids down stairs to the toy room until every one was done.
10:20 Jon starts and the kids got to each pick an animal to hold for a picture for their thank you card.
11:00 lunch- thank you Uncle Chris for grilling the hamburgers! We had mini hamburgers for the kids and watermelon. Their plates were clean! I did less food this year because I have found that they do not eat very much when offered to many options.
11:30 We opened presents
11:45 Cake (so we could carry the gifts into the house and not have to open them just yet)
12:00 Games I put Marc in charge and they started playing red rover red rover and loved it! They never made it to another game!
12:20 10 more minutes until the end so we pulled out Dylan's birthday surprise!


The reptiles he brought were two snakes (plus Sam brought his) a tortise, lizards and a bearded dragon. I think that is it- I was in and out of the room.




The only picture of the mom of course! I had the camera in hand! It sure would be nice to have a photographer at birthday parties! I love my apron Tracie gave it to me for Christmas!

Bearded Dragon
The only picture I got of the cupcakes! Grumpy with myself! Home made chocolate with homemade chocolate frosting- Dylan's pick with rubber snakes across the top. I also put my first little set of cake decorating tips and did a zig zag design on the top.


1 comment:

Anne said...

I got a jealous twinge reading this about his party. I just know we would have been there and my kids would have loved it and ... I miss you guys!! Looking so forward to our big DATE!