Friday, April 25, 2008

Darn Woodpecker!

Periodically we hear a thud thud thud on the house. It started at the end of last summer and it has returned. The lovely neighborhood Woodpecker. Today I could hear him destroy someone else's house so we went out to investigate and found him across the street and two houses down! That little guy is VERY loud! I took a few pictures of him and what he has down to the neighbors house. They are protected animals we found out after asking our old wise neighbor last year. He told us to put chicken wire on the part of the house he is banging on but it doesn't seem to matter. I always hear him pecking on the neighbors metal chimney! Any advice?!


Here is the damage he has done on one side of our house- grrrr the other morning I woke up to him outside my bedroom window doing the same thing on the opposite side! I run out and yell at him and he doesn't come back for a while after that but I am not home all the time!

1 comment:

tifftalk said...

Put a large owl conspicuiously on your house. The pecker will steer clear. That... or... inconspicuiously invest in a bb-gun. No, no, I kid, I kid. The owl has worked for people I know.
Love you & miss you,
Tiff