Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Marc and I have not been on any type of vacation together since before Dylan was born. I know pretty sad and I have to admit it is mainly my fault- I always want to bring my babies with me! So we decided once Kate was done breast feeding (which was in January, so it still took me a little to plan) we would leave them with Grandma and Pops and go to Glenwood Springs for a long weekend. We left on a Friday and came home on Sunday. We had a wonderful time visiting the hot springs pools, eating out, shopping, and sleeping in. I have always wanted to try the Hanging Lake hike so we had decided to go on Saturday as our activity. Marc had done research on the internet and said it was suppose to be an easy hike, so when we got there and I saw this sign I was a little freaked out! I am incredibly out of shape! We decided to give it a try. It was straight up and so snow packed it was a sheet of ice! Right before you get to the top it is a big incline right up against the mountain and there are guard rails to hold on to but the snow was as high as the rails. I look up and see an elderly couple on their bums cursing with an English accent trying to slide down the mountain! We had to climb over to the side to let them by and all I kept thinking was, I am going to break my first bone at age 30! I have a very active imagination! Anyway it was well worth it, and I want to go back this summer! In case you are wondering I only slid twice on the way down but caught myself both times!
Difficult?!?! I kept saying to Marc, he kept asking me do you want to go back?



This was at the top. The water was so blue and crystal clear, very pretty!


There was a little hike to this spot, a hole in the rock with water spilling out.
This is how incredibly clear the water was! Fish everywhere! Thank you dad for my macro lens! I love getting so close to the wildlife!
These sheep were on the side of the highway on our way back to the hotel! So cool to see all the wildlife outside the Zoo.
Dylan and Kate had fun with Aunt Wendy on Friday and Grandma and Pops the rest of the weekend. Dylan got to go to the Museum of Nature and Science with Grandma and Pops and no Kate! Thank you very much!


1 comment:

Honey said...

What a great getaway! Ryan has been wanting to head out there. Looks like a great time!