Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rabbits, snakes and lizards

Here is a tid bit of info not all of you know about me. I grew up in a household of all sorts of animals! I love everything and we always had guinea pigs, rats, bunnies, lizards, snakes, birds, tarantula, fish, dog and cats. On Easter I love getting pictures of my kids with the bunny they have now "Fez". My parents have trimmed down a lot as we have grown but they still have a corn snake, a bunny, cat and dog.





The snake is kept in the kids bathroom and Kate always loves to look at him. When Sean noticed he promptly took him out for her to see. She liked him but got a little nervous when she saw his head for some reason.

He made poor Christina (his girlfriend) hold it-she is a good sport!
Ok so I have a cute story to tell about my little Sam. We had an Iguana in the family room in a mesh cage that my dad had built that was like 3 feet long. The stupid thing liked to climb to the lid and try to get out. One day I was being a bad big sister, I was supposed to be babysitting Sam and I was but I was also taking a nap on the couch when he woke me up yelling fire,fire! I sat up to see that the Iguana had knocked his heat lamp down and it had caught the newspapers on fire! (just a little one) I do not know what I was thinking but I yelled at him to go get some water (I think he was about 3) he ran to the kitchen got a tiny cereal bowl filled it with water ran back to me handed me the almost empty bowl (spilling it from running) and ran his little body right out the front door leaving me to save the house! I have to admit the Iguana went to a new home shortly after that!


1 comment:

Susan said...

You are completely freaking me out with the snake! AGH! GROSS!!!!