Thursday, March 27, 2008

Trials and being Grateful

I am at Susan's house watching her kids and have been since Tuesday night so I have a little more spare time than usual to be on the computer. I found Jen's blog through my friend Jamelle's blog and she made a post today that I think has gotten a lot of people thinking. If you have time go read it and read all the comments, they are wonderful! The jest of her post is how we all have trials and we do not always show them so we should not be judgemental to others. It is a wonderful lesson we always seem to need to be reminded about.

Our lesson on Sunday in Relief Society was from The October 2007 conference talk O Remember, Remember by Henry B. Eyring. It was a wonderful lesson and another reminder to be grateful. He told of a story about how he came to writing in a journal every day. Before he wrote he would ask himself this question, Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today? Every night he recorded all the big and little things that answer that question so his children could read it and be reminded of everything that had been done for them. If you have not read or heard this talk I suggest you do. I am not a good summarizer!

During this lesson my thoughts turned to my bff Susan and all her trials and how she is such a wonderful example to me! I love checking her blog to see what she is grateful for. (she writes one thing in every entry)

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Hi! I was just on my friend's blog (Jen) and saw your comment. When you said that you're from Colorado and have a friend that puts something she's grateful for at the end of each of her blog posts, I thought, "No way, it can't be someone who knows Susan." Sure enough, it is! Susan was my next-door-neighbor in SE Aurora. We love her and Fred and kids. Jared and my daughter were best buds. We moved to UT, they moved to UT, and then they moved back to Colorado. What a SMALL WORLD! I'm linked on her blog. I just thought I'd say hello and what a coincidence that we happen to be on the same blog at the same time, and know the same people. (I know Jen from HS)

Give Susan a hug from me when you see her next!

Heather said...

I LOVE this blogging world! We are all linked some how and it is so fun to find new people! I am seeing Susan today so I will! Jen seems like an awesome person! I found her blog from another friends blog. Thanks for leaving a comment!