Monday, January 11, 2010

Stick Horses


If anyone knows me at all I love throwing my kids their birthday parties! We have been talking about Kate's party since probably the beginning of December and she keeps saying she wants a pony party. She has been in love with ponies ever since we went to Utah and got to ride Tracie's dads Papa's ponies.

I was telling this to my aunt Debbie and she started talking about My Little Ponies when I jumped in and said no real ponies...Debbie said she should of known :) Also Marc has put up with all my crazy ideas one night in bed before Christmas I was babbling away when I said, "you know I cant stop once Christmas is over I have to go right to Kate's birthday party" he just responded don't be too crazy! Too late!

I wanted something unique and hopefully homemade that wasn't junk for the party favors and decided I would make stick horses for all the girls and boys under 4. We have so many people who love us and I have a hard time leaving anyone out but what 10 year old boy needs a stick horse right?! I had to draw the line somewhere! So my search started deciding how I was going to pull this off. I found a ton a really cute stick horses and made up my own. Hopefully they will stay together and get played with! It took me about 3 evenings to finish them and they were done a week before the party. I have never been so organized!

2 comments:

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Heather....Those are SO freakin cute! i can't believe how good they turned out! way to go! Kate is one lucky lady to have such a talented wonderful mother! Way to go! The cupcakes looked DELISH and everything else looked SO fun! I am so glad that everything came together! Way to go!

Anna said...

What a fantastic party favor :) You are so creative and so cute! Kate is lucky to have such an awesome mama. Cutest pony cupcakes ever.