Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pettiskirt

I have been looking and thinking about pettiskirts since shortly after Kate was born-wanting one sooo bad! My dear friend Lindsay's wonderful amazing mom heard about them from Lindsay and whipped one up for Edy, which Kate is wearing in our Christmas card picture. I decided I wanted to tackle making one but I needed to know that I would have help if needed! So I searched the Internet for free tutorials sent everything I found to Debbie and eventually bought directions from a lady on ETSY. I talked about it all the time and my very talented friend Jaime decided she would make one with me! (of course the first time I mentioned it to her she wrinkled her nose and told me no) Anyway we decided on colors and ordered our fabric.
It showed up on a Tuesday and by Friday our skirts were finished! They both look awesome except Kate's is huge it fits Dylan better than Kate! I was not going to start over she I wrapped it up with a matching headband and gave it to her about 30minutes before her big party! She loves it and I am definitely planning on making more!

2 comments:

Jaimie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaimie said...

It's true I wasn't sure it was possible or worth it...but now they are done they were totally worth it! We need to start round two of the pettiskirts!