Monday, August 4, 2008

What?!? 18 months old already!

I feel like I have totally lost my baby! She is so independent and does not need me very much! Kate has attended nursery 2 times and is doing pretty good. I have to admit I was feeling very cautious and not wanting to let her go. The week before she turned 18 months I was contemplating not sending her (we are combined with another ward and I do not know anyone in nursery and to top it off they placed a piece of red paper over the window so you can not see your child at all) when during sacrament Miss Becky Pratt whom I love so dearly and Kate loves as well was called from me in Relief Society (she was education counselor) but then was placed in Nursery! Kate gets a little sad when we drop her off but goes straight to Becky and stays put. Also Becky tore off a little corner so I could peek in at my baby! Thank you so much Becky you are an answer to my prayers! Poor Marc would still have to be dealing with her because I am not good leaving my kids!
I love so many things about my little Kate:
-her stubbornness
-the way she loves all the animals
-she gets so excited when she sees someones belly
-the way she communicates with us lots of huh or uhh or patting her belly meaning come with me and I will show you
-she already knows how to pitch a mean fit! She got mad in the tub the other night and stayed in an empty tub screaming at the top of her lungs for a good ten minutes! I kept going in to see if she was ready to get out and she would shake her head no and continue screaming. When she finally got out she got mad again and started hitting me in the face so to the rocking chair she went until she calmed down.
-she slept with us for like the 2nd time the other night and I loved having her with me even though I woke up exhausted!
-loves playing outside getting dirty and going down the slide and swinging

1 comment:

Susan said...

We love our fiesty little girls, don't we? Heavenly Father definitely has a sense of humor and I'm sure he enjoys watching us struggle! :)

She is so dang cute - L.O.V.E. the gigantic flower headband. Fred would call that a satellite dish. Time to start planning her bday party - right? (j/k). OXOXOXOXO