Sunday, February 24, 2008

Trip to Utah

Wow it has been a very busy but fun past week! We have access to buddy passes and they expire the end of February so we decided to try and go to Utah to visit our good friends Tracie and Paige. We left bright and early Saturday the 16th and made it right on and in first class! Kate did great (she is a lot more antsy than her big brother!) and of course Dylan did wonderful! The plan was to just take it easy maybe do a little shopping and just enjoy each other's company.

On Sat we just hung out at their house, let Kate take a nap and then we went out to dinner. We got to Cheesecake factory at 5:30 and there was a 3 1/2 hr wait! In Denver we would have maybe waited 30 min. especially since we were so early! We ended up at Macaroni Grill and it was delicious but still had to wait about 1 1/2 hr! Do you people from Utah have nothing better else to do? That night we got the kids in bed and Dylan and I called Marc to tell him good night. While Dylan was listening to his dad he started frantically wiping his eyes trying not to cry. I asked him what was wrong and he said he missed his dad! Dylan is a very sweet boy but has not really gotten emotional like this before! It was very sweet and I think it made Marc feel good!

Sunday I felt horrible so Tracie took care of me and all the kiddos so I could sleep more. That afternoon we did a photo shoot of Paige in her Easter outfit and Kate in her 1st birthday dress. Tracie has the best house for pictures! Huge windows with the dark wood paneling all the way around and really thick- I was in heaven! Paige did wonderful she loves having her picture taken! Quite a poser! At one point my battery went dead and I went to switch it and she said very seriously "are all the others saved?" She did not want to loose any! Kate did OK she wanted to find the dog so she liked looking out the window and playing with the drapes!

Monday we got a babysitter for a little bit and went to a fun clothing store for women called Whimsy. We also went to a couple gift shops over by Babinskis (if any of you know where that is). I always have to go to Babinskis it is a wonderful baby boutique store. The other stores were great too. I learned about a new book that every little girl has to own, they are called Fancy Nancy. There are three and they are just wonderful to read and the illustrations are beautiful. When we got home I went to Sam's club and they had two of them for $11.00 instead of $16. I think the Easter bunny might give them to Kate! That night Tracie's parents came over and had dinner with us. It was a wonderful evening with pot roast potatoes carrots and homemade huckleberry muffins!

Tuesday morning Paige had gymnastics and we went to watch and Dylan was able to join her class! He was very excited and had a ton of fun! After Kate's nap we ran a few errands to Barnes and Noble a new children's clothing store called Tiara in Sugarloaf it was very cute, two doors down from there is Pipers a quilt/knitting store I always like to check out. That night Paige went to spend the night at her dads house and Drew invited Dylan to come, I did not know how he would do only because of his crying with his dad a few nights earlier but he was excited to go and I think he had a fun time!

Wednesday Paige had school in the morning and than in the afternoon Tracie's mom came over and watched the kids and we went and got our hair done. I love how it turned out I was way over due! That night we made pizza and some of Tracie's wonderful friends and their kids came over for dinner and to play.

Thursday we just hung out packed and got ready to go to the airport. On the flight home Dylan said to me very quietly mom I want to go back to Utah and stay with Tracie and Paige again. I told him we would and then a couple minutes later he was fighting back the tears and said no mom I want to go real soon! I think he is feeling some different emotions and is having a hard time understanding them. It is very hard for me to see him sad and watching him get so big and grown up acting! I love you so much my little Dill!

OK so something is wrong with my pictures- it says windows photo gallery is not responding, I swear if something happens to my pictures I will scream!!!! Hopefully I can fix it and do another post of just pictures later!

No comments: