Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Here is my Valentines day card. Some got mailed on Valentines day so you should get them soon!
For Dylan's Valentines we made lollipops and he wrote his friends names on the front of the card decorated them and we taped the lollis to the front. Turned out pretty cute!

Receipe for Lollipops:1/2 tsp cream of tarter, 2 cups sugar, 2/3 cup light corn syrup, 3/4 cups water, about 1 T oil flavors (I used LorAnn Gourmet one bottle per batch, each bottle has .125fl oz. I got mine at a cake supply store but then I saw them at Hobby lobby), color ( I used AmeriColor soft gel paste and again I got it at the cake store but I think I saw them at hobby lobby as well) In a saucepan, blend sugar, corn syrup, water and cream of tarter. Bring to a boil over high heat until mixture reaches 290. Remove pan from heat, let the bubbles simmer down and then add the flavor and color. You have to work fast to pour into your molds and if it gets too cold and thick you can warm in the microwave for a few seconds.
Now before you start you need a good candy thermometer, pam and the correct molds. To tell if it is the right mold it can not be see through. Michaels only had see through ones and those are for chocolate they can not handle the heat! I found mine again at hobby lobby and the cake store. It was very easy and yummy! We made 2 batches one with watermelon and one with fruit punch.

Dylan showing off his name. He was having a hard time sitting still so picture is blurry!

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day! I made a cheese fondue, salad, and a spicy chicken artichoke fettucinie. Kate loved the pasta I never got to it I had to much salad and fondue! Marc has a lot of leftovers! We love you all so much! XOXOXO

No comments: