Friday, February 29, 2008

And Their Cousins...

Well after a very busy day Thursday I came home to a message from Tutu telling me that my cousin Bobby (always be Bobby to me) was in town so of course I had to track him down to say hi. I went to pick him up from his hotel and called cousin Brian to come over and say Hi. We had a good time catching up and just enjoying each others company. SO it brings me to a thought I have quite frequently especially when I get to be near family whether they are close or far away or we are brought together by something wonderful like a wedding or new baby or by something sad like a funeral or supporting someone who needs us. Anyway my "thought" or "daydream" is that my entire family (that means everybody!) Muglestons, Schafers, Stones (you know you are lumped into one of those categories) lived in the same neighborhood! I know I am crazy it would be like my own little cult but think about how much fun we would have and how much support we would have from each other. When my dear Anne lived here they were building a huge mansion near my house that we would drive by frequently and we would joke about how wonderful it would be to move both of our little families in together every time I drive by that place I always reminisce- thank you Anne! SO deep down in writing this and seeing the picture I hope you are all jealous because I wish everyone could have run to my house to see Bobby for even just a few minutes. I love my family so much and each and every one of you mean so much to me, lets try to be better at staying in touch so I can feel like you are just around the corner?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attention!

The Easton Family said...

Hey! I just stumbled upon your blog as I was blog-spying this afternoon! The Howells, (also in your mom's ward) have the Yates on their blog, and the Yates have you guys on theirs! Your kids are so cute!---Jeannie Easton

Heather said...

Thanks for commenting! These blogs are so addicting aren't they!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I love the cousin shout out!! OK- that is soo funny about your little daydream... I was just telling Shonnie that as the eldest Mugleston she needs to head up a Tutu family reunion this summer because I want to get to know all of the cousins because I just know I already love them all. You and I must have ESP. We need to get Shonnie on the ball and get her planning a fabulous party so we can all come...

Heather said...

Jen I think that is a wonderful idea! It would be so much fun to see everyone!

Anne said...

I was just about to say what Bob and Jen said in their comment, but I am willing to take it a step further... Let's plan a Mugleston reunion for this summer at the COUSIN level and leave out the dud (and dead .. had to say it) parents. Of course they are invited, but they haven't done so well in planning things in the past- so WE can. I have been wanting to actually call you to talk about it, but your sweet email got the ball rolling. I felt jealous seeing the picture of you guys without me. call me. We'll talk.