Monday, July 21, 2008

Derek Graduation

On Wednesday the 16th Marc dropped us off at my parent's house around 7am and we loaded up into a rental mini van with grandma, pops and Sam (Audrey was too busy in school) and left to start the long trek to Rexburg Idaho for Derek's Graduation! We made a few stops and did pretty good I thought! We had dinner in Jackson Wyoming (pretty neat town wish we could stayed a while) Thursday we checked out campus went swimming at the hotel and just relaxed. Friday we swam in the morning naps in the afternoon and Derek's graduation was at 6:30- about 8:30. The kids did pretty good Kate did not sleep so well and was extremely off schedule, but no big melt downs. Saturday we checked out got Derek out of his place and headed to Utah. Sam was going to EFY in Montana but he was meeting people in Utah. We stayed with Tracie and Paige and just relaxed and got to bed waaay to late. Sunday morning my family picked us up and we were off by 9:30. On the way home for most of the trip I got to ride with Derek and mom and dad took care of the kids. we had a fun time and we were really glad to be there for Derek. Now what is he going to do you ask? i do not know and I am not sure he knows, when he does I will pass it on! These guys were way to friendly for my liking. We are at a rest stop somewhere in Wyoming eating lunch and they sure wanted some!
Driving to Jackson we saw this Hawk- huge nest on top of a electrical pole I think.
Derek got the kids these tee shirts last year for them, so of course I needed a picture in front of a BYU Idaho sign. The sign was just beating on them. Notice the new temple in the background?






We are all so proud of you Derek!


1 comment:

Debi said...

Thanks for sharing Heather! Oh My... I can't believe Derek is graduating from College... and Sam is soo tall!