Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kate's Birthday Party

Kate had two birthday parties. A family one at the Mugleston's and a friend and family one a week later. She loved all the attention and tried to sing along! She knows what cake is and when the Dr. asked her at her two year appointment if she had cake she shook her head yes so hard and got all excited. I think she thought he was offering her cake!

Look at that beautiful smile!

She knew exactly what to do and did not need any help blowing out her candles!


I keep attempting my manual settings I took this one and then I get nervous and switch back to automatic... I think this one turned out good!

She loves all the play food!

Auntie Brenda made her a beautiful scarf!She loves the singing again!

Aunt Audrey had to rescue me in the preparations of the party and frosted her cupcakes for me they turned out cute.

All the kids at the party: Dylan, Owen, Ellen, Hannah, Kate, Lilly, Ellinor, Ben, Calvin, Stella, Jessie and Jenna
It was not very warm outside but it was so hot in the house that I decided when it was cake time to put them outside to cool off and to keep the crumbs off my floor!
Kate received some wonderful gifts: wooden puzzles with the velcro a birthday cake and vegetables, grocery cart and food, a little cabbage patch doll with a pink tutu like her, a strawberry shortcake doll, some ballet crocs, a blanket crocheted around for her baby, a cute apple outfit for this spring, a dress with smocking on it for this summer, a tea set in a basket, a princess plate, bowl and silverware, a high chair for her babies, pj's, two color wonder books with markers and triangle crayons, and a bathinette with a bath baby with a hooded towel and robe for her baby.
The party favors we did were Kate's favorite things. All the girls got hair clips with their name embroidered on them (Etsy), each family got a cd that I put together with her favorite music and everyone got a ring with ribbon sewed on to dance with.
I think everyone had a wonderful time I know Kate did! Thank you everyone for coming! I love being surrounded by the people who we love and love us!

No comments: