I NEVER stop thinking and lately I have been thinking a lot of the same things and can not turn my brain off so I thought it might help if I write a few things down. I wonder constantly how I can get everything done that I want to and that I need to, to create a balance in my home raising a healthy and happy family. My thoughts:
1. Nutrition and Exercise- For years I have had different influences in my life that have made me want to make what goes into our bodies a higher priority. Lately Stacie has been working at Dylan's school to have a garden and now she wants to help turn the school lunches around. It inspires me because her daughter always brings a sack lunch but she is concerned about the whole community, so I really want to try and do better with my family.
Has anyone been watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution? Find it and watch it! He is truly amazing! I have a dinner group with two of my friends where we cook for each other once a week to help us cut back on the time we have to spend in the kitchen. My goal is to make truly healthy good meals. My night is Tuesday nights and I want to share what I make on my blog with the recipe and picture. Maybe Laura and Mindy can be food critics for me???
Along with eating healthy I need to be better at my EXERCISING!!!! Every week I swear I come up with a new plan that I think I can follow and continue. This week I only ran once! My goal would be to go 4 times a week to do 15 minutes of yoga every day, and do weights on the days I run.
2. Housekeeping/Laundry- Why why do I stress about this so much? It should be so easy and I struggle! I keep hoping if and when we move into a bigger house I won't feel like the walls are closing in and every time I turn around there is crap everywhere!!!
3. Friends and Family relationships- I love all my friends and family so much and it frustrates me that it is so hard sometimes to keep in touch! I get so bummed that I can't keep up on my blog and when I check other people's blogs I find out things like my sweet amazing cousin is pregnant!?!? I had no idea! Blogs are so good to keep people connected but I miss talking and getting phone calls when exciting things happen in my loved ones lives! I am always wanting to do things and show my love and I can not keep up!
4. Teaching my kids- I am always thinking up things that I would love to do with my kids to open their minds and learn from me and not just what they learn from school and from their church teachers. It seems though whenever we are home we are taking care of picking up, bathing doing our thing and they need to be able to play!
5. Creating- I love my crafts, hobbies or whatever you want to call it but sometimes it is hard to find the time to partake of the things that make me tick. I also have a hard time drawing the line at all the things I would love to do! I love my crafting friends who feel like I do and for our wonderful husbands who let us craft to our hearts content almost every Thursday night!
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, background or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty."
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf
I Love this!
For now I guess thats all folks!