Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

A wise Aunt once told me to write down books that I have read and a little something about them so I can remember and have a wonderful resource. I have failed miserably in doing this so with my resolution to update my blog more and the fact that I am fully participating in book club I am going to do this!



This was last month's pick: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by: Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I loved it! I read it under a week! It is a collection of letters written after WWII between an author, her publisher and people from Guernsey Island. I highly recommend, if a lot of characters confuse you you might want to write new ones down as they appear and their relation.



Other favorites recently are: The Pillars of the Earth by: Ken Follet EXCELLENT! Very long but sooo good!
Well I can not remember the names of the other books I wanted to mention, oh well!

No comments: